- Overview of Selenium
- Java Setup
- eclipse setup
- why java for selenium
- First eclipse project
- First Java Program
- Concept of Java class
- Data types in java
- String class, if statement, Loops, Array
- Practical usage of array and loops in selenium
- Local variable, Global variable
- Static/Non static variable/function
- Object creation
- Call by reference and call by value
- OOPS-Inheritance, overriding, overloading, Object class
- Packages, Access modifies
- Exception handling -Exception/Error, different type of exception
- Collection API
- Practical usage of Java concept in concept in selenium
- Reading writing text file
- POI api, reading and writing in XLS
- Reading from XML file
- Junit/TESTNG overview
- JUNIT configuration
- JUNIT annotations
- Skipping Test
- What is ANT
- HTML Report generation Using ANT
- Overview of TESTNG
- TestNG annotations
- Grouping of test
- Setting priority
- skipping test
- Report Generation
Listeners and custom reporting
- Installation of IDE
- Recording of script
- Running script
- User Extension
- Regular expression
- RC introduction
- Overview of webdriver
- Drivers for FF.IE, Chrome
- Firepath and firebug addon installation
- Inspecting element in FF, IE and chrome
- Finding element
- Absolute and relative xpath
- cssSelector as compare to xpath
- Handling dynamic object/ids on the page
- Handling Alert
- Handling multiple windows
- Close and quite difference
- Open and navigate
- Overview of is data driven framework, keyword and Hybrid
- Why framework is required?
- Framework generation and structure design
- Test case creation
- Create util function, validation function
- Report and logging
- Reading from XLS
- Run with ANT
- Overview of page object mode
- Page object model practical use
- Build maven project
- build page classes
- Build base page classes
- Create complete structure of framework
- Overview of webdriver3
- Queries session?
- Technical Assignments (4 Assignments)
- Aptitude Test Papers like (HCL, IBM, Wipro etc.)
- Resume Design by Dedicated Placement Cell
- Mockup Interview by Corporate Professionals
- Schedule Interview with valid reference in Software Companies
- Candidate Analysis (RCA), if candidate is not getting the job
Inquiry for Selenium Training
Please Find Automation Testing – Selenium Course Duration
|Course Module||Course Duration|
|Automation Testing – Selenium Course||35-40 (Hours)|
What is Selenium and what is composed of?
Selenium is an open source and highly useful portable software testing Framework which is designed for test automation using web browsers. It is not used for API testing or unit testing. It allows the user to perform testing without knowing or learning scripting languages such as Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, C#, etc. Although, if you know any of these languages, then you write your test codes in them as Selenium Web Driver has bonds with them. It supports all kinds of Internet browsers for automation and write and run Test cases. The components of Selenium are Selenium IDE (Integrated Development Environment), Selenium RC (Remote Controller), Selenium Web Driver and Selenium grid. Each one has different use and benefits.
How will you find an element using Selenium?
In order to write user interface test with Selenium WebDriver the user is required to find page elements quickly and accurately. For that you can use the help of browser tools to identify web elements such as firebug for Firefox, Google developer tools for Chrome and web Inspector for Safari. Selenium Web Driver API can help you find different possibilities of elements through their
ID: in Java:driver.findElement(By.id("element id"))
Class:in Java:driver.findElement(By.className("element class"))
Name: in Java:driver.findElement(By.name("element name"))
CSS selector:in Java: driver.findElement(By.cssSelector("css selector"))
X-path :in Java: driver.findElement(By.xpath("xpath expression"))
Tag name:in Java: driver.findElement(By.tagName("element html tag name"))
By Link:in Java: driver.findElement(By.link("link text"))
What is the use of X-path?
X-path, or more precisely XML path is used to navigate through the elements and attributes in a XML Document. It is a syntax for defining parts and employs path expression to navigate in the XML document. The X - path also contains a library of standard functions and is considered an extremely vital element in XSLT. In Selenium, it is used to perform operations on objects present in the webpage as each web object possess unique path. For instance, Firebud and Firpath can be installed on Mozilla Firefox to derive the html paths of the objects. The extracted path can be used by Selenium IDE, RC or Web Driver.
What is Selenium 2.0 ?
Selenium 2.0 is the latest version of the test automation software. It is developed by combining Selenium 1.0 + Selenium WebDriver component. It is the combination of Selenium ID Selenium RC, Selenium grid and Selenium WebDriver. It possesses programming interface that allows the user to create test cases and execute them on various web browsers such as Opera, Safari, Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Selenium 2.0 supports many programming languages such as Java, Python and C#. The new version but also allows the user to locally or remotely perform automation on browsers. Selenium 2.0 offers simpler and more concise programming interface along with removing the limitations of the earlier version.
Explain what is assertion in Selenium and what are the types of assertion?
Assertion and Selenium are completely different terms. They are not related to each other in any way. They are just used together to achieve the desired result. Assertions are used in testings and validate a certain logic in a test case. The assertion in Selenium is used in three different types:
Assert: The test will be cancelled if the assert fails and the next test case will begin executing in its place if you are using a test suite.
Verify: The test will not abort if verify fails and continue executing while logging the failures.
WaitFor: It allows the program to wait for the condition to become right. If the condition is right, the test case will continue executing, if not, the program will halt and stops after a specific time.
What is the difference between verify and assert commands?
Assert and Verify command are used in Selenium to find out if the given input is available on the webpage or not. However, there are still some differences in them, which are as follows:
Following are the difference between Verify and Assert Command:-
- When an assert command fails, the execution of the test case is cancelled. While if verify command fails, the test will continue to execute and log the failures.
- Try catch block is the solution to overcome fail assert command, whereas, there aren’t any to overcome failed verify command as it will continue the execution either way.
- In assert, the check value needs to pass the end result in order to move forward, but there won’t be any halt in verify case whether the condition is right or not.